What is the PE sports premium?
The PE and Sports premium is designed to help primary schools make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport offered through their core budget.
There are 5 key indicators we use to secure improvements:
- · The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- · The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- · Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- · Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- · Increased participation in competitive sport.
The government suggests hat schools can use funding to:
- · Provide targeted activities or support to involve and encourage the least active children
- · Encourage active play during break times.
- · Establishing and broadening sports clubs offered.
- · Adopting an active daily mile.
- · Raising attainment in primary school swimming.
to inspire all children to develop a love of physical activity and sport. Through good physical education, whole school values and a whole child approach, we aim to nurture confident, resilient children who will strive for their personal best. We listen to our children’s wants and needs and provide them with a range of active experiences and clubs.
We want to aid our children in obtaining the values and skills to celebrate and respect the success of others, as well as modestly celebrating their own successes.
We aim to ensure that our delivery of physical education allows all children to have the skills and mindset to leave primary school with the capabilities to be successful in their sporting challenges and active lifestyles at secondary school and beyond.
We strive to educate our children to develop a greater understanding on how to live healthy lifestyles and make healthy choices. We are dedicated to ensuring healthy minds, as well as bodies, and will continue to support our children's well-being.
Every year we publish how we have spent our allocation. Please see document links below.