We encourage all families to ensure our children are wearing the school uniform to create a sense of identity and belonging to our school. We have carefully considered our uniform expectations with practicality and purpose in mind. The following items are required:
- A burgundy jumper or cardigan (logos are not compulsory)
- A white blouse, shirt or polo shirt (polo shirts with logos are available but not compulsory)
- Plain smart skirt or pinafore in grey or black (or trouser/short option)
- Trousers or tailored shorts in grey or black (or skirt/pinafore option)
- In summer, a red gingham dress may be worn
- Socks should be white, grey or black in colour
Our children are more active in school than they have ever been with the introduction of the daily mile and sensory circuits therefore we are now changing our required shoe policy to include wearing trainers that fit specific criteria:
- Logos are only acceptable if they are completely black.
- There should be no additional colour in any form e.g. white stripes or soles.
*For any child who is unable to tie laces, strongly consider velcro for safety.
Smart school shoes are still welcome and perfectly acceptable; however, your child may wish
to ensure they have something more appropriate in their bag for active parts of their day
although this would mean your child would need two pairs of shoes for school as opposed to
PE kit should be worn to school on your child’s PE day and Sports Day. The following items are required:
- Blue or black plain shorts
- Plain, round-neck, white t-shirt
- Trainers for indoor/outdoor games if your child wears school shoes
- Plain, black or blue jogging bottoms
- Plain round-neck black or blue jumper to be put on in school before winter games (hoodies can be worn although hoods and zips present risks in PE therefore our preferred option is a round neck jumper).
Children work in bare feet for all gymnastic activities in school when they are using PE apparatus.
We encourage all parents to donate uniform the children have outgrown to the school so parents order free uniform through the school using the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/XWPdgQQwyt?
Physical activity is something the children will participate in on a daily basis therefore we
kindly ask that earrings are not worn at all in school for their PE lesson for the children’s
safety. However, if earrings are worn to school, they must be small studs and must be
removed by your child for PE as we cannot put tape over the top.
It is essential that long hair, shoulder length or longer, should be tied back using a plain black, hair-colour or school uniform colour. Bows and other accessories are not permitted.
The school will always be sensitive to the needs of different cultures, races and religions and will act reasonably in accommodating these, without compromising safety or discipline within the school. We believe any concerns in this regard can be addressed through dialogue and understanding.
Click here for the full School Uniform Policy.