Welcome to the Parkwood Primary School's PSA webpage!
The PSA (Parkwood Schools' Association) is a parent-led group whose primary aim is to help raise funds for the children in the school while providing fun activities and events that the children will enjoy.
Over many years, the PSA has raised thousands of pounds to provide the children with valuable equipment and resources that the school alone would not be able to provide. Every parent/grandparent/relative are automatically considered part of the PSA as they have a joint interest in making our children's lives brighter and better! Being part of the PSA does not need lots of your spare time, it is as much or as little as you can give, whenever you can give it. The PSA is in a position of needing fresh leadership as the three core committee members (Chair, Secretary and Treasurer) have now needed to leave because their children have left for secondary school.
The PDF outlines what each role of the PSA entails, although in some roles, this can be tailored more to suit the needs of the PSA and school.
A copy of the key roles can be found here:
If you are interested in joining the PSA then please email the school office (email@example.com) and they will be happy to pass on your details to the PSA.
Key events previously run by the PSA:
The PSA is part of the 'Your School Lottery' which contributes to the PSA's fund-raising efforts.
Term 1 and 2
- FS Welcome Party (October - FS children)
- Halloween or UV disco (November - Juniors)
- Christmas presents for relatives (December - Whole School)
- Christmas Fair (run by the school but the PSA provides refreshments and a Grand Prize Draw/Raffle)
- Christmas Card project (previously run by the PSA but run by the school in 2021)
Term 3 and 4
- Infant Disco (Date Varies - Y1 and Y2)
- Infant magician/film 'night' (Date Varies - Y1 and Y2)
- Mother's Day presents (March - Whole School)
- Easter Egg Hunt (April - Whole School)
- 5p challenge (Whole School)
Term 5 and 6
- Father's Day presents (June - Whole School)
- Inflatables Day (June/July - Whole School)
- Summer disco/prom (July - Juniors)
- Beach Party (July - Infants)
- Sports Day refreshments (July - Whole School)
- Summer Fair (June/July - Whole School)
- Y6 Autograph book or contribution to the Leavers Hoodies (July - Y6; previously run by the PSA but run by the school in 2021)
Funding Given to the School:
Sponsoring the school minibus which is used for small group trips to the library, swimming and sports events. This includes leasing costs, insurance, driver permits and maintenance costs (not able to be funded by the school). The minibus was named 'Parky' after a whole school vote! Parky has been a little lonely during the pandemic but is now happily making trips into the wider community again!
Purchasing new TV-style whiteboards that are interactive (touch screen for interactive and enriched learning), bright (not affected by sunlight coming into the windows) and reliable. A third of the classes have had these and it is the PSA's vision to aid replacing the remaining class' whiteboards with these!
Other funding given to the school:
Playground and sports equipment